Frequently Asked Questions About Mink Eyelash Extensions
What are MINK Lash Extensions?
MINK Lash Extensions are single strand, tapered lashes of varying lengths, thicknesses and curvature designed to attach to your own natural lash. In plain English, it looks like a single, real human lash with amplified thickness and curve.
These can be made of synthetic fiber, fine silk or real mink. We use a combination of Novalash (synthetic) and mink lashes to get the fullest, most realistic eye enhancing look unique to every woman.
Unlike fake lashes that come in a strip, these are applied one single lash at a time using a physician developed medical grade adhesive. The lash extension will never be attached to your skin or your eyelid, so it follows the natural growth and bloom of your own lashes.
Lash extensions are also surprisingly weightless, and once attached, just looks like they’re yours to begin with.
Our Novalash certified Artist only use the best of the best products for safety of our clients and ourselves. NOVALASH uses medical grade adhesives. Novalash purifies its adhesives with no exposure to contaminants and do not contain any detectable formaldehyde as manufactured and delivered in the bottle and is confirmed by testing under FDA.
Novalash cosmetics are all scientifically formulated, ophthalmologist tested, and glycol and carbonate-free with many enhanced with natural plant extracts, peptides and multi-vitamins to promote healthier natural lashes. Cyanoacrylate adhesives used are just like in the medical industry for things like liquid stitches. Eyelash extensions are every client. There are about 4~10 different lengths, 4 different widths and 3 different types of curl to achieve the best natural look to the most glamorous dramatic look. It’s not a one size fits all. I usually do a minimum of 3 different types of lashes each.
Novalash Eyelash Extensions – AFTER CARE INSTRUCTIONS
• Do not expose Nova Lash Eyelash Extensions to water 24 hours after the application.
• When washing the face, use care and avoid splashing water or cleanser in the eye area.
• Do not swim, use hot tubs, jacuzzis or steam rooms for 48 hours.
• Avoid direct contact between moisturizers, eye creams or oil based make up removers. • Avoid any cosmetic product containing glycols, organic solvent or urea.
• Use only Nova Lash approved water-soluble mascara on your eyelash extensions when needed in between scheduled appointments.
• Do not use water-proof mascara.
• Curling is not recommended because the extensions are pre-curled.
• Avoid rubbing your eyes or pulling on the extensions. Élan Beauty provides clients with a take home lash brush on first visit.
• Eyelashes normally shed on a regular basis, thus multiple extensions may be lost on any given day.
• Keeping the eye area free of make-up accumulation on the lash line can help your lashes last longer.
• Depending on how your take care of your lashes, you may visit our technician for touch ups every 3-4 weeks.
DO I NEED AN APPOINTMENT?
Yes! Appointments and a $50 non-refundable deposit for this service is required.
WHAT IS YOUR LATENESS POLICY?
We have a 30 minute late policy. Please call 443 738 4828 if you are going to be late. Being more than 30 minutes late to your appointment may result in the forfeit of your deposit and cancellation of your appointment. A new deposit will be needed to book any appointments that were cancelled due to lateness
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
Deposits are non-refundable. Laomiz Beauty requires 48 hours notice to cancel or make any changes to your appointment. Giving less than 48 hours notice for a cancellation will result in the forfeit of your deposit. If you cancel or do not show up to your appointment, your deposit will be forfeited. If you need to reschedule your appointment you may transfer your deposit over ONE time, as long as you give more than 48 hours notice. If you cannot make it to your rescheduled appointment your deposit will be forfeited and you will need a new deposit to book again.